Prayer Letter for 14th January 2021
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Romans 12:11-12 NIV
Happy New Year and welcome to a new semester! I am sure many of us have prepared a list of prayer requests that we want the Lord to answer this year. On one of my birthdays, when I was in elementary school (many, many years ago), I asked the Lord for a bicycle as a birthday present. I decided not to mention it to anyone else and woke up anticipating an answer to my prayer. The day inched along and my family acknowledged my birthday but there was no bicycle presented. I simply kept on praying and expecting. Evening came and Uncle Max, a young Lebanese man that lived in our compound, came to felicitate with me and brought me a bicycle for my birthday. It remains as a memorial to me that God answers prayer.
Today’s passage encourages us to keep on praying and wait patiently as we joyfully expect God to surprise us with His blessings. However, it mentions the word affliction. The fact that our Father God loves us dearly and desires to bless us richly does not mean that we will not face adversity. Over the holidays our community received the sad news of bereavements. Even in such circumstances we need to patiently wait on the Lord and remain prayerful and His joy will strengthen us.
Join us wherever you are at 8.15am this Thursday, January 14th online through MIP Hillcrest What’s App platform; as we worship and adore our Lord Jesus, confess our sins, thank Him and bring our supplications. Any mother who is not on the chat and would like to join, please reach out.
Blessings and grace.
Sincerely, Kiyenpiya Mafuyai – Meeting Leader -- 0803-702-4734
Halima Sule – Meeting Coordinator
Sandra Chikan – Outside Groups Liaison
Ulan Jatau –Member Care and Communication
Mairo Bature – Staff Relations
PRAYER REQUESTS FOR January 14, 2020
ADORATION & PRAISE:
- Praise to the Lord Almighty!
- Confess our sins for the Lord is rich in mercy and ready to forgive.
- For the New Year 2021
- For the Christmas holidays
- For the new semester
- For good health and healing
- For provision and protection
- That our children will continue to grow in the faith and knowledge of Jesus Christ
- For students as they resume that they may be diligent in their studies
- Pray for those that are sick in our community that the Lord will heal them
- Pray for comfort for the families of the Mallo’s grieving the loss of their mother and the Bature's who are grieving the loss of their father
- Pray for provision for families to pay school fees and meet their needs
- Pray for wisdom for the administration to make the best decisions that will facilitate learning while ensuring safety
- Pray for wisdom and grace for teachers to teach effectively whatever the method that may be employed
- Pray for the Lord to bring new students to Hillcrest for the next school year
- Pray for wisdom for Government at all levels to make the right decisions to curb the pandemic within the country
- God's will be done on earth, as it is in heaven