Prayer Letter for May 20, 2021
Dear Parents, Hostel Parents and Staff,
Let a righteous man strike me—that is a kindness; let him rebuke me—that is oil on my head. My head will not refuse it, for my prayer will still be against the deeds of evildoers.
Psalm 141:5 NIV
I’m not sure if elementary school kids still sing the song “Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me!” As we mature we have to acknowledge that words do have the power to hurt and heal. Words of commendation can encourage us and inspire us to do better or more. I have also come to understand that we have to be able to receive, in good faith, words of criticism as well.
We often feel resentful or discouraged when we are rebuked or criticized. Yet sometimes those words are what we need to acknowledge and then overcome areas of weaknesses in our lives. We sometimes need to sift through the tone and manner of delivery and assess if there is truth in what was said and address it. This is especially so when the person speaking is someone that cares about us, or someone that knows better about the subject or someone of high integrity. This does not in any way encourage verbal abuse. However, we need to be able to appreciate and act positively when we are corrected.
Please note that when you are the one that has to correct or rebuke - remember to speak the truth in love.
Blessings and grace.
Sincerely, Kiyenpiya Mafuyai – Meeting Leader 08037024734 - email@example.com
PRAYER REQUESTS FOR May 20, 2021
ADORATION & PRAISE:
- Praise to the Lord God Almighty!
- Confess our sins for the Lord Jesus is rich in mercy and ready to forgive.
- For salvation in and through Jesus Christ
- For a wonderful staff appreciation lunch
- For SAT and AP exams that were conducted successfully
- For staff that have served faithfully and are moving on
- For a successful Board of Governors meeting
- For God’s provision and protection
- For the Holy Spirit who guides us
- That our children will continue to grow in the faith and knowledge of Jesus Christ
- That grace will abound to students to prepare adequately for exams next week
- That the Lord will renew the strength of staff to continue to work diligently as the school year draws to an end
- That the upcoming 9th grade bake sale will be profitable
- Pray for the Lord to guide our Seniors to the paths that are best for them
- Pray for all the upcoming Awards ceremonies next week
- Pray for ongoing preparations to ensure a successful baccalaureate service and graduation ceremony
- Pray for the Lord to open doors of admission and provision for Alumni to further their education
- That more doors will open for parents to meet their financial needs
- That the Naira will gain value
- For safety and security in Nigeria
- God's will be done on earth, as it is in heaven