Prayer Letter for November 25
In God we make our boast all day long, and we will praise your name forever.
Psalm 44:8 NIV
Dear Parents, House-Parents and Staff:
In Hillcrest Chapel on Sunday we were reminded that God’s grace is sufficient. Furthermore, that God’s strength is made perfect in our weaknesses. Paul did something that would be considered odd - he chose not to boast about his strengths but to boast in Christ and rejoiced in his weaknesses. He considered his weakness an opportunity for God’s strength to be manifested.
We are taught to mask our weaknesses, project our strengths, put our best foot forward. The norm is to complain about shortcomings, brood over them and even develop a complex because of them. However, in Christ, a weakness surrendered to the Lord, allows His Spirit to take over and glorify the Lord. The reality is that even our strengths, that we are confident in and want to rely on and boast about, can easily fail us.
Like the psalmist, let our confidence be in the Lord and let us make our boast in Him. We recognize our strengths and weaknesses but depend on the Lord and are confident in what He can do in and through us. Part of this surrender is spending time in prayer, expressing that we are depending on Him; receiving His grace upon grace.
Kiyenpiya Mafuyai – Meeting Leader: 0803-702-4734
PRAYER REQUESTS FOR THE WEEK OF 25th NOVEMBER 2021
- Praise the gracious and living Heavenly Father!
- Ask Jesus for forgiveness of your sins as you confess everything to Him
- The promises of God’s word that cannot be broken
- The wonderful, enjoyable Pancake breakfast last Saturday
- Journey mercies for those that have been travelling
- Answers to our prayers
- God’s abundant provision
- The gift of the Holy Spirit to guide and comfort us
- God's faithfulness, mercy and love for us
- Pray for our children to be taught by the Lord.
- Pray that our children should be encouraged to strive to improve their performance or keep up their good work.
- For the upcoming Board of Governors meeting this Thursday
- For the success of the Craft Sale this Saturday
- For God’s grace to abound in the preparations for the Senior play
- Pray for the Lord to keep all students & athletes safe from accidents
- For our seniors to remain focused, as they make decisions and prepare to make a huge transition from high school
- For the Lord to keep our Alumni steadfast in faith and joyful as they trust God to accomplish His purpose in their lives
- For peace and security in our nation
- That the Nigerian economy be restored and strengthened
- His will be done on earth as it is in heaven