Prayer Letter for October 14
I lift up my eyes to the mountains— where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord , the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip— he who watches over you will not slumber; Psalm 121:1-3 NIV
Dear Parents, Hostel Parents and Staff,
Many times my prayers are desperate cries for help. I plead and lay out points for God to come to my aid. I make a case, like the lawyer I am (not sure how convincing though). I was recently reminded that God wants to help me far more than I want to be helped. I do not need to persuade Him; I need to believe Him. I need to trust Him. My desperate cries, more often than not, come from a place of fear and anxiety. God wants to bring me to a position of faith, hope, a confident expectation of His goodness and grace.
His desire is to help us and to keep our hearts in peace and joy as we trust Him. Situations will come but maybe they are just opportunities for us to exercise our faith and let God know that we have grown and are trusting Him more. If without faith it is impossible to please God, it would be logical to say that when we believe Him and put our confidence in Him, then we delight His heart.
Blessings and grace.
Sincerely, Kiyenpiya Mafuyai – Meeting Leader:
PRAYER REQUESTS FOR THE WEEK 14th October 2021
ADORATION & PRAISE:
- Praise the Lord God Almighty our Helper.
- Confess our sins, for the Lord Jesus Christ is faithful and just to forgive us and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- For the riches of His grace
- For His steadfast love
- For the safe delivery of our second grade teacher's healthy first-born son
- For seeing us smoothly through the first quarter
- For the successful Board of Governors meeting
- For peace during and after the recent elections
- For the blessed Holy Spirit who enables us to live godly lives
- That our children will increase in wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Jesus Christ
- For the first quarter results to inspire our children to strive harder
- Wisdom for the administration in managing the school and resources in these challenging economic times.
- That the Lord will comfort and strengthen the family of the Okwonkwo's on the demise of their father
- For constructive and fruitful Parent/ teachers conferences
- For the upcoming PTA family fun time on Thursday
- For the upcoming October Break
- Provision for all families for the payment of fees
- For those who are sick and hurting in one way or another
- For the Class of 2022 to trust in the Lord and lean not on their own understanding as they make decisions for their future.
- For our Alumni to enjoy God’s grace and goodness in the season of life they are in
- Pray for Nigeria's economy to improve and the value of the Naira to increase
- God's will be done on earth, as it is in heaven.