Dear Parents, Hostel Parents and Staff,
I can do all things through Jesus Christ who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13 NKJV
As the school year draws to an end, the pressure is on. High school students are preparing to write important external exams. Projects, tests, quizzes, deadlines and end of quarter exams. A verse of scripture that helped me when writing exams in my final year of high school was ‘I can do all things through Jesus Christ who strengthens me.’ When I felt overwhelmed I would mutter the verse to myself. It assured me that Christ could help me remember the names and dates in History, understand Chemistry and somehow figure out Math ... and He did! The Bible is replete with promises of God that we can hold on to and help us overcome any challenges we face. Grab on to one that speaks to you and hold it close to your heart or share it with someone that needs it.
Blessings and grace.
Sincerely, Kiyenpiya Mafuyai – Meeting Leader 08037024734 - firstname.lastname@example.org
PRAYER REQUESTS FOR May 6, 2021
ADORATION & PRAISE:
- Praise to the Lord God Almighty!
- Confess our sins for the Lord Jesus is rich in mercy and ready to forgive.
- For all the promises in God’s word
- For salvation in and through Jesus Christ
- For God’s provision and protection
- For the Holy Spirit who guides us
- That our children will continue to grow in the faith and knowledge of Jesus Christ
- That grace will abound to students to work hard and finish strong
- Pray the Lord will grant success to students writing the SAT exams on Saturday and AP exams through the month
- Pray for God's wisdom as the Board of Governors meet on Thursday
- Pray for PTA Farewell on Thursday afternoon
- Pray for acceptances and scholarships to colleges for our Seniors
- Pray for the new families that will join Hillcrest next school year
- Pray for a successful upcoming Staff Appreciation Lunch
- Pray for the Lord to direct our Alumni in the paths that are best for them
- That more doors will open for parents to meet their financial needs
- For safety and security in Nigeria
- God's will be done on earth, as it is in heaven
April 16, 2021
Dear Hillcrest Parents,
It is with deep sadness that we share a report of student abuse. Yesterday, Mr. James McDowell, former Hillcrest teacher and administrator, 1974 - 1984, posted the following on the Hillcrest Baby! Facebook page:
“I spent 10 years teaching and in administration at Hillcrest. I have many memories of good people and experiences. I have also carried a most painful memory. With deep sorrow and shame, I acknowledge that I am guilty of molesting two students towards the end of my time there. Today I have reached out to them to express my apology, seek forgiveness and offer restitution. To the entire community I apologize with a broken heart for this breach of trust which these days is considered criminal. This led me to step down from HC in 1984.”
We are working with the Child Safety Protection Network (an international organization, of which Hillcrest is a member, dedicated to the safeguarding of students), members of the Board of Governors, Mr. McDowell’s mission and current Hillcrest Administration to address the issue of Mr. McDowell’s past abuse of students.
Hillcrest actively works to protect our students from any abuse. Since January 2015, Hillcrest has implemented and robustly used our Student Protection policy and protocols to: guard our students from threats of abuse, teach our students what abuse is and how, no matter how old they are, to fight against any abuse, and support teachers from false claims. We are committed to act with transparency and accountability. Abuse hides itself in secrets.
Violation of Hillcrest’s Student Protection Policy may result in immediate dismissal from Hillcrest for either teachers or students.
Thank you for your prayers. If you have questions or comments please feel free to direct them to me.
With a heavy heart,
Anne Lucasse, Superintendent
0703 598 2766
Dr. John Brown, Chairman
Hillcrest Board of Governors